17 March 2015

Stars in the sky

Why is it that the urge to write is scarce?
Everyday I tell myself I should continue the story I have left behind.
Every time I am scared to pursue it.
I must have read loads of articles on writer's block (I kid myself), laziness (spot on), feeling of helplessness, self-pity, and god knows what other emotions that I beat myself up with and yet, they seem to have no impact whatsoever on me.
I feel good while I read them, because I hope secretly that I would find a solution at the end of the article. But the anticipation is short lived since I already know what the proposed solutions are and how I despise them. I also know that if I had used the same amount of time in writing, instead of searching for easy answers... Anyway.
Can I promise myself? I don't know, I am like a drug-addict, promising to stay clean, but getting back to them in the next moment. Only, in reverse.
Ugh..

No comments: