27 March 2017

Reading in Parallel

Is it possible, I wonder? I mean I have tried it, and I am ambivalent about it.
Earlier, I could never read two books in parallel - I felt my focus was not as singular, but in the last one year, I have tried doing that and I did manage to read.

Is it better now? I don't know. Have I lost interest, in general? I don't know that as well. But I have noticed that if I can finish two books in the following conditions:

a. Book A is a breezy read; Book B is heavy/intense
b. Both the books A and B are breezy reads
c. I am not too interested in the book but I just want to finish it

I do know a couple of friends who read in parallel but I am not sure I can do a good job of it. I wonder what is the general split - of people who read multiple books at a time and people who prefer to finish one after the other. 

No comments: