12 January 2017

The Reptile Room or Murder! - (Book #2 in the 'A Series of Unfortunate Events) by Lemony Snicket

A children's book is a wonderful way to begin the new year. I enjoyed this book as much as the first book.

This book deals with the Baudelair children, who were orphaned and now are being shunted to another relative's place after the disaster with the first relative, Count Olaf. The new relative is a nice herpetologist, who is kind, considerate and sometimes, forgetful. However, Count Olaf makes another attempt to get hold of the children in order to gobble up their vast fortune, and the book tells us the story of what happens then.

I like the way the writer describes the meaning of slightly complicated words to the young readers, without it sounding condescending.

I took the shorter route to achieve my book reading goals by choosing a seemingly simple and a small book (170+ pages), but I am not sorry I did. :D

No comments: