11 December 2017

2017 - Where am I?

This year has been unbelievably hectic with life and its demands. While it is easy to assume this is one more of the excuses I normally manage to give myself for missing out on reading, things have been happening.
The house got built and the house-warming ceremony got conducted. This required innumerable visits between the two cities, dealing with unreasonable people and shopping and managing and arranging and more.
Finally it's all done and I had promised myself December will be the month of reading and writing.
Life just laughed at me.
I have to fight back and get back on that horse.

I am currently struggling to read Philip K Dick's collection of short stories (science fiction genre), 'We can Remember for You, Wholesale'.
While many of the stories are very arresting, some are mindbogglingly boring. I have to have to finish the book. I am tired of not completing library books. I need to return it before this week.
I am going to get back to the story I stopped long ago (35K words and incomplete). I have to somehow to bring it to completion and then I can throw away that draft and feel good about it. 

No comments: