31 January 2018

2018 - The Usual Post-it

This year I am planning to read 40 books. I could not reach my reading goal last year (18/52); it was the lowest count in the last three years. Still, I plan to keep a lofty goal of forty so that I can read more than last year.

I also plan to read more of Kannada books and I have already finished one. This time, I am also thinking of maintaining a list of quarterly goals. I was inspired by a book blogger who speaks of these. Considering a month is already gone in this quarter, this is my quarterly goal list:
  1. Read a book every week – I am not sure if the second half of the year will give me enough time to read (with other personal goals in place during that period), so I want to read as many books as possible this quarter. One a week will ensure some form of discipline. If I manage to read more, I will consider myself a lucky one.
  2. Write every day – I want to make sure that by the end of this quarter, I definitely want to finish a report on healthcare that I have been meaning to do for my personal use and COMPLETE the first draft of the novella I have been sitting on.
  3. Finish my financial and legal work – small little obstacles that have grown over the years and suddenly I realise I am going to be in trouble if I don’t resolve them right away. 
I am going to track these goals every week to see how I am faring.

No comments: