19 August 2008

Gifts that thrill

The weekend saw us shopping more books - I had promised myself that I would not buy another new book till I finish reading all the books HD's shelf. But it so happened that I could not resist picking up another book ' A Handful of Rice' by Kamala Markandeya, an Indian writer. In addition, Sid presented me with Kurt Vonnegut's 'Breakfast of Champions'. I have never read Vonnegut or K. Markandeya before so I am all set to go. I am delighted when I am gifted with books.

Meanwhile, I am on Lord of the Flies.

UPDATE:

I stumbled upon Orbis Terrarum Challenge quite accidentally and I am in awe of people who have so much of energy, enthusiasm and time to go ahead and take up book challenges. Well, it certainly prompted me to take it up. Only, I dont know if I can finish it.

I am supposed to pick up nine books of any genre/non fiction/anything/ from nine different authors of nine different countries. This challenge was supposed to have started from april to finish by december. But being a late runner that I am, I dont know how I will manage nine books.

I will come up with a list of nine books soon and put it up.

At last some thing to make me feel alive and excited.

No comments: