07 April 2011

The Reading List - 3

Completed:
7. The Shipping News - Annie E. Proulx (literary)
8. Birthday Stories - Selected By Haruki Murakami (Short stories by various authors)
9. Diamond Dust - Anita Desai (Short stories)
10. Mosquito and Other Stories - Premendru Mitra (Short stories)

Another good thing that has happened to me is that I have come across a wonderful library 'Just Books' - I relish borrowing books; reading them at a nomical cost - this way I can separate the wheat from chaff (except the first one in the above list, all were borrowed from the library). I get to choose from a wide variety; I can afford not to complete a book although I dont use that option much (I usually HATE not finishing a book no matter how horrible it is). If I get lucky, as I did with 'On Beauty', I will go and buy a copy for my bookshelf. What a wonderful arrangement!
I know, this is what is supposed to be with libraries. And it is no secret by any stretch of imagination, yet, I feel good about it.

No comments: